Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello, Clarice

I've never actually met a person named Clarice.  I also do not know how to write an intro post to a blog, so I will just dive in head-first. 

Top 2 Clarices I've Ever Known/Heard of
  •  Clarice the doe - "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" - 1964:  Having watched this every Christmas for my entire life, she was the first Clarice to whom I had ever been introduced.  She started out as just a random doe in the crowd of those who made Rudolph cry, and she ended up stealing our hearts by being the only one who gave him a chance.  Aww.  (If you read the Wiki article I've linked to, you'll see that in the sequel, Clarice is seen laughing at Rudolph.)  Oh, Rudy.  You'll find better love.  Just ask Tim McGraw 
  • Clarice Starling from "The Silence of the Lambs" - 1988:  I've never actually seen the entire movie.  I was 5 when it came out, and I remember the video store across the street had its movie poster in the window for at least 2 years.  The image of the disgusting moth with a skeleton on its thorax covering Jodie Foster's mouth was enough to make me steer clear of the movie, save for the times it's been fully edited on TV.  Plus, renting it from that video store would have limited the number of times my sister and I could rent "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory," and that would just not do.  

Welcome to my blog.  It only gets more random from here on out.   


-R 

5 comments:

  1. Great. Look forward to reading more. And on a side note, nothing about you is boring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the second person i have semi inspired to start a blog....i know you will credit your students or who ever told you to do one via facebook but i had the idea first

    ReplyDelete
  3. weeeeeeee.....she likes me.....she realllllly likes me....Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get the connection with Tim McGraw. Please explain it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you click the link? The lyrics in that song are "you'll find better love."

    ReplyDelete