Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Idiosyncrasies

I've always been one of those "weird" people, but I've tried my hardest to suppress it when I am dealing with the general population.  

One time, I was on an airplane and to pass the time, rather than being terrified, I decided to read a book by my favorite author, Gabriel Garcia Marquez.  I would put the right accents on there, but I honestly, after having this computer for over 2 years, do not know how to do that yet.  Anyway, this was his autobiography, Living to Tell the Tale, and while reading it, I realized I am not alone in that my crazy word associations are not as uncommon as I once believed.  The part that made me think this was his assertion that he could imagine what the word "trunk" (car trunk) tasted like.  Or smelled like.  Or something like that. 

I was pretty sure then that I needed to seek out "Gabo" and marry him.  Who cares if he's 83?  We could make it work because we are both freaking weirdos. 


7 Random Word Associations I Compulsively Make
  1. Differentiate = French fries 
  2. Elm (the tree, the street, doesn't matter) = Ham salad sandwich
  3. Benefit = Root beer 
  4. Niece = Rice Krispie treats 
  5. Impulse = Veins 
  6. Idiot = An ant's head 
  7. Finances = Skittles
 I realized while writing this that a majority* of my associations have to do with food.  


I'm not sure if my fiance knows what he's getting himself into.  


-R 


*Majority = Kool-Aid; specifically, red Kool-Aid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment